This is an official website of Pokemon Brown including ROM Download, Cheats, Walkthrough and Guides. We are so glad that you are here. If you are a true fan of Pokemon RPG Games catelory, don’t skip Pokemon Brown because it is really a cool hack.
Before the hack versions of many modern ROMs like Pokemon FireRed – LeafGreen – Ruby – Sapphire – Emerald, we have some classical hack versions. One of the best, one of the legendaries in Pokemon hacking world is Pokemon Brown. It was created by Koolboyman in 2004 and based on Pokemon Red (U) for GBC. It replaces Kanto completely with a new region: Rijon. In Pokemon Brown, we can have a big number of Pokemon in our Pokedex (with a Gen IV special Pokemon named Sylveon).
A sequel of Pokemon Brown is Pokemon Prism. It is also made by Koolboyman. In the late 1990s, many Pokemon hack versions can only have minor adjustments like sprite or dialogue changes. After that, they do not have anything newer than the original game. With Pokemon Brown, things have changed.
The reason why “Pokemon Brown became a legend” is: it completely changed the gameplay (at least from an old game engine of Pokemon series on Gameboy Color). Koolboyman inspired thousands of Pokemon hackers to create a game with their own stories.
Gameplay & Features
- Ten cities in the region of Rijon, one in Johto, and over 20 routes to explore.
- Pokedex is now up to 22X.
- Over 40 new moves.
- TM set has been changed a bit.
- New types that weren’t in Red.
- A wide range of characters.
- A few new music track, including tunes from Johto.
- New Pokemon will be compatible for trade with the second generation games and Prism once a special patch is applied.
- A quest after you beat the Rijon League.
- And much more!
The new types of this game are: Wood, Gas, Abnormal, Wind, Sound. This makes more choices for players to choose their favorite Pokemon. Koolboyman also changed the types of Pokemon, like this:
- Clefairy/Clefable: Normal -> Fairy
- Koffing/Weezing: Poison -> Poison/Gas
- Marill/Azumarill: Water -> Water/Fairy
- Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victrebell: Grass/Poison -> Grass/Wood
- Exeggutor: Grass/Psychic -> Psychic/Wood
- Gastly/Haunter/Gengar: Ghost/Poison -> Gas/Ghost
- Porygon/Porygon2/PorygonZ: Normal -> Abnormal
- Ditto: Normal -> Abnormal
- Players will not be limited with 12TMs in Pokemon Red anymore, now they can use 50 TMs and 4 HMs for their Pokemon. Some changes about this are: Charizard can learn and use Fly now, the base damage of the skill Wing Attack has been increased to 60, players can use bike in
- Castro Forest – Haunted Forest with no limitation like before, many Pokemon can learn skill from TMs that they couldn’t learn before.
- The evolution of Pokemon is also changed. Players can use special items to evolve their Pokemon. More over, they can get all of the Eevee’s evolutions, too. You can check this list to know more about new evolutions:
- Electabuzz -> Electivire (use Electrizer)
- Magmar -> Magmortar (use Magmarizer)
- Rhydon -> Rhyperior (use Protector)
- Porygon -> Porygon2 (use Up-Grade)
- Porygon2 -> Porygon-Z (use Dubious Disk)
- Onix -> Steelix (use Metal Coat)
- Pikachu -> Raichu
- Scyther -> Scizor (use Metal Coat)
- Sneasel -> Weavile (use Razor Claw)
- Gligar -> Gliscor (use Razor Fang)
- Magneton -> Magnezone (use Coronet Stone)
- Misdreavus -> Mismagius (use Dusk Stone)
- Murkrow -> Honchkrow (use Dusk Stone)
- Kadabra -> Alakazam (use Trade Stone)
- Haunter -> Gengar (use Trade Stone)
- Machoke -> Machamp (use Trade Stone)
- Graveler -> Golem (use Trade Stone)
- Yanma -> Yanmega (Lvl 43)
- Chansey -> Blissey (Lvl 55)
- Tangela -> Tangrowth (Lvl 55)
- Togepi -> Togetic (Lvl 20)
- Togetic -> Togekiss (use Shiny Stone)
- Golbat -> Crobat (Lvl 50)
- Piloswine -> Mamoswine (Lvl 58)
- Slowbro -> Slowking (use King’s Rock)
- Eevee -> Espeon (level up an Eevee from the International Tunnel)
- Eevee -> Umbreon (level up an Eevee from the cave north of Seashore City)
- Eevee -> Leafeon (level up the Eevee obtained in a trade in Botan City)
- Eevee -> Glaceon (level up the second Eevee from the Game Corner)
- Eevee -> Sylveon (use Magic Wand; 2014 version only)
Thank you and have a wonderful day.